Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "B.Rajagopal" <ra...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/08/21 15:10:30 UTC

Does Velocity Support JSF components to be integrated with it along with Seam Framework and EJB 3.0?

Hello,

Now I am in the possition to choose the good presenation layer frame work to
start working the web oriented project.

I have been looking around the forum to use the velocity.

We have decided to use the new technologies like Seam Framework, EJB3.0 and
JSF with MyFacelets.

But MyFaclets has some issue to format the view layer, It does not have the
good tag library as like jstl.

We have thinking to use the velocity for presentation layer.

I would like to know whether the Velocity support JSF ,EJB3.0 with Seam
Framework ?

How the taglib support with Velocity ?.

I would appreciate the If Anyone help me on getting clear idea about
Velocity ...

thanks

Re: Does Velocity Support JSF components to be integrated with it along with Seam Framework and EJB 3.0?

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/07, B.Rajagopal <ra...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Now I am in the possition to choose the good presenation layer frame work to
> start working the web oriented project.
>
> I have been looking around the forum to use the velocity.
>
> We have decided to use the new technologies like Seam Framework, EJB3.0 and
> JSF with MyFacelets.
>
> But MyFaclets has some issue to format the view layer, It does not have the
> good tag library as like jstl.
>
> We have thinking to use the velocity for presentation layer.
>
> I would like to know whether the Velocity support JSF ,EJB3.0 with Seam
> Framework ?

the Velocity project has not done any work to specifically integrate
with JSF or EJB or Seam.

> How the taglib support with Velocity ?.

if you are asking about calling taglibs from within a Velocity
template, then the support is very poor.  the WebWork guys did some
such integration a long time back, but i don't know the status of it.
It's not something there's been much demand for.  Instead most work
has gone into the VelocityTools project (tools been a Velocity
corollary to taglibs).