Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Cumminger, Ivan Stephen" <sc...@mtt.ca> on 2001/09/20 13:08:20 UTC

Tomcat and Apache Interworking

I have a webapp that works just the way I want it using Tomcat 4 standalone.
There are two things that I need to figure out in order to put it into
production with Apache.

1) How to I force Apache to start at my Welcome file. StartHere.jsp in my
case. I have a welcome list that works fine when Tomcat is used standalone.
2) How can I get Apache to use the security realm that I have working under
Tomcat. When I tried it, Apache happily served the pages (via Tomcat because
they were .jsp's) without triggering my login form authentication. Again, it
works fine under just Tomcat, but the interworking with Apache is broken.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Steve Cumminger
scumminger@mtt.ca