Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/24 14:18:18 UTC

Integration test failure when building from source

Hi All,
I was recently working on Synapse when I ran into $subject.
The test failure was due to being unable to delete a temporary directory.
A screengrab of the console output is as follows;
[image: image.png]

I tried checking the directory permissions and it seems it has is fully
accessible.
[image: image.png]

I was actually going to post this as an issue on the Synapse GitHub repo,
but it seems the issues tab has been hidden. Hence why I posted here.

Would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this.
Regards
--

*Nuwan Jayawardene*
Visiting Lecturer, Informatics Institute of Technology (IIT).

Re: Integration test failure when building from source

Posted by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>.
Hi Isuru,

> Will try out a different location and update.

I was initially running my build on the repo, which had been cloned onto an
attached media HDD.
Thereafter I duplicated it to the SSD that hosts my OS and ran the build.

While the deletion error seems to be solved a new error is popping up now,
also related to integration tests.
[image: image.png]

I should also mention that I did a skip test and got the pack built. So I
can continue my work without any hindrance.
It's just these test fails that are quite odd.

Posted by Nuwan Jayawardene <ns...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nuwan,