Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/19 23:35:27 UTC

Prolonged safemode

Hello list,

       I have a pseudo distributed setup on my laptop. Everything was
working fine untill now. But lately HDFS has started taking a lot of time
to leave the safemode. Infact, I have to it manuaaly most of the times as
TT and Hbase daemons get disturbed because of this.

I am using hadoop-1.0.4. Is it a problem with this version? I have never
faced any such issue with older versions. Or, is something going wrong on
my side??

Thank you so much for your precious time.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
Check integrity of the file system, and check the replication factor, by
mistake if default is left as 3 or so.  if you have hbase configured check
hbck if everything is fine with the cluster.

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by xin jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by xin jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by xin jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by xin jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jean,

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jean,

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jean,

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jean,

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Tariq,

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tariq,

When you start your namenode,Is it able to come out of Safemode
Automatically.

If no then there are under replicated blocks or corrupted blocks where
namenode is trying to fetch it.

Try to remove corrupted blocks.

Regards,
Varun Kumar.P

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 4:05 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>        I have a pseudo distributed setup on my laptop. Everything was
> working fine untill now. But lately HDFS has started taking a lot of time
> to leave the safemode. Infact, I have to it manuaaly most of the times as
> TT and Hbase daemons get disturbed because of this.
>
> I am using hadoop-1.0.4. Is it a problem with this version? I have never
> faced any such issue with older versions. Or, is something going wrong on
> my side??
>
> Thank you so much for your precious time.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com

Varun Kumar.P

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Varun,

   Thank you so much for your reply. In most of the
cases, it is not. But apart from that everything seems
to be fine. I am not getting any notification about
under replicated blocks or corrupted blocks. I will do
a recheck though.

Thank you.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Varun,

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Varun,

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
I am not aware of a direct regression in DN startup slowdown or block
report slowdown; its hard to tell what exactly the regression is without
more notes or logs on behavior.

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

--
Harsh J

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

--
Harsh J

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Varun,

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

--
Harsh J

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

>>> https://mtariq.jux.com/

--
Harsh J

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tariq,

When you start your namenode,Is it able to come out of Safemode
Automatically.

If no then there are under replicated blocks or corrupted blocks where
namenode is trying to fetch it.

Try to remove corrupted blocks.

Regards,
Varun Kumar.P

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 4:05 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>        I have a pseudo distributed setup on my laptop. Everything was
> working fine untill now. But lately HDFS has started taking a lot of time
> to leave the safemode. Infact, I have to it manuaaly most of the times as
> TT and Hbase daemons get disturbed because of this.
>
> I am using hadoop-1.0.4. Is it a problem with this version? I have never
> faced any such issue with older versions. Or, is something going wrong on
> my side??
>
> Thank you so much for your precious time.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com

Varun Kumar.P

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Tariq,

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Tariq,

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tariq,

When you start your namenode,Is it able to come out of Safemode
Automatically.

If no then there are under replicated blocks or corrupted blocks where
namenode is trying to fetch it.

Try to remove corrupted blocks.

Regards,
Varun Kumar.P

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 4:05 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>        I have a pseudo distributed setup on my laptop. Everything was
> working fine untill now. But lately HDFS has started taking a lot of time
> to leave the safemode. Infact, I have to it manuaaly most of the times as
> TT and Hbase daemons get disturbed because of this.
>
> I am using hadoop-1.0.4. Is it a problem with this version? I have never
> faced any such issue with older versions. Or, is something going wrong on
> my side??
>
> Thank you so much for your precious time.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com

Varun Kumar.P

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Tariq,

Re: Prolonged safemode

Posted by varun kumar <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tariq,

When you start your namenode,Is it able to come out of Safemode
Automatically.

If no then there are under replicated blocks or corrupted blocks where
namenode is trying to fetch it.

Try to remove corrupted blocks.

Regards,
Varun Kumar.P

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 4:05 AM, Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>        I have a pseudo distributed setup on my laptop. Everything was
> working fine untill now. But lately HDFS has started taking a lot of time
> to leave the safemode. Infact, I have to it manuaaly most of the times as
> TT and Hbase daemons get disturbed because of this.
>
> I am using hadoop-1.0.4. Is it a problem with this version? I have never
> faced any such issue with older versions. Or, is something going wrong on
> my side??
>
> Thank you so much for your precious time.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com