Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/27 20:03:26 UTC

Charset restriction on parameter names

Hello,
I have a question regarding HTTP 1.1 and 2.0 and Multipart encoded form as
I didn't find a clear answer in RFC https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7578

Is there a restriction on the charset of parameter names, in this case what
is the encoding ?

Example, can a parameter be named :

   - 安_param

Thanks.
--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Fwd: Charset restriction on parameter names

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Oleg.

Did you see my mail sent just before your reply ?

Thanks

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
It looks like there is such restriction if my understanding is correct:

   -
   https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20591599/why-arent-post-names-with-unicode-sent-correctly-when-using-multipart-form-data/20592910#20592910

And HTML5 has introduced another way of encoding such parameter names:

   -
   https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-html51-20130528/forms.html#multipart-form-data

Is my understanding correct ?

Thanks for help