Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/14 10:46:52 UTC

One more happy Solr user ...

I am pleased to announce the latest release of a popular Indian local search
portal called http://www.burrp.com <http://mumbai.burrp.com>.
In prior versions of this web application, search was Lucene driven and we
had to write our own implementation of "search facets" amongst other painful
tasks.

I can't be happier to inform everyone on this list that search/suggest
features on the burrp! site are now powered by Solr.
Please use it and let me know if we can make it better.

Very soon, I'll be back to report another usage of Solr (a grand one by
scale).
Thank you Solr developers.

Cheers
Avlesh

Re: One more happy Solr user ...

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.
Ah! I knew that was coming :)
We are planning a spell-checker integration pretty soon.

Thanks for trying out the site Andrew.

Cheers
Avlesh

Re: One more happy Solr user ...

Posted by Andrew McCombe <eu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: One more happy Solr user ...

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.
If burrp! can keep pace with Solr enhancements, we are not too far from a "
munich.burrp.com" ;)
Thanks for checking out the site, Chantal.

Cheers
Avlesh

Re: One more happy Solr user ...

Posted by Chantal Ackermann <ch...@btelligent.de>.
Hi Avlesh,

Re: One more happy Solr user ...

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am pleased to announce the latest release of a popular Indian local
> search
> portal called http://www.burrp.com <http://mumbai.burrp.com>.
> In prior versions of this web application, search was Lucene driven and we
> had to write our own implementation of "search facets" amongst other
> painful
> tasks.
>
> I can't be happier to inform everyone on this list that search/suggest
> features on the burrp! site are now powered by Solr.
> Please use it and let me know if we can make it better.

This is great!

Can you please add burrp to http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PublicServers?

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.