Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net> on 2016/11/18 07:26:01 UTC

Distinguish VMs not belong to VPC

Hi

I need a way to only get the VMs not belong to a VPC.

While the listVirtualMachines takes the argument vpcid to filter VMs per
VPC to only get VMs of an particular VPC, there seems no easy way to
find out if a VM belongs to a VPC as listVirtualMachines does return VMs
from vpc and as well.

The only way I currently see to find out is to query the network of the
VM if it belongs to a vpc.

Did I miss anything?

Ren�

P.S. I already made an improvement request (jira) for the API of
listVirtualMachines to return the vpcid if a VM belongs to a VPC.

RE: Distinguish VMs not belong to VPC

Posted by Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com>.
So your wanting a machine that is not behind a VPC router at all? Are you wanting to use an external router?

Regards,
Marty Godsey