Posted to user@struts.apache.org by BH...@powersystems.rockwell.com on 2005/07/05 16:25:49 UTC

[OT] RE: J2EE vs .Net (was Struts vs .NET???)

Hopefully, this will trigger this to be an OT topic from this point
forward.

I have been ignoring this thread for the most part, but with all the
postings figured I would glance over it.

There are dozens of large Struts sites out there.  I have worked on a lot
of Enterprise Class websites that Use Struts.  It is a solid viable
framework solution which is easy to learn and implement.

A few sites that I have been involved with:
BlueCross / BlueShield
TRICARE Call Center
AHOLD USA
MeadWestvaco
Rockwell Automation

All of these sites I consider large (Some running several hundred thousand
transactions per hour and supporting thousands of simultaneous users).  I
am not knocking .NET or any other programming platform.  There are many
great examples of each of these available.  But Struts is a framework will
be around for a long time to come.  JSF, SHELL, and others are building off
of the lessons learn from this framework and will become just as popular
over time.

If you don't like Struts, Java, J2EE... fine, go on to .NET or what ever
else you choose.  The are all valid solutions with limitations and features
that attract and deter based on what you need.  But can we please get these
emails back on track.  I would prefer reading messages on tips, techniques,
and problems rather than all this complaining.  It is amusing to a point,
annoying after that.

             "David Suarez"
             <Suarez.David@job
             corps.org>                                                 To
                                       "Dakota Jack"
             07/05/2005 09:28          <da...@gmail.com>, "Struts
             AM                        Users Mailing List"
                                       <us...@struts.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
             Please respond to
               "Struts Users                                       Subject
               Mailing List"           RE: J2EE vs .Net (was Struts vs
             <user@struts.apac         .NET???)
                  he.org>

Can you guys start marking this topic "OT"?

Seems like someone from PR is getting paid to hijack this mail group.  Can
some of the seasoned guys step in here so they'll pay attention?

Regards...djsuarez