Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepak Kumar Garg <De...@infogain.com> on 2006/05/23 15:26:08 UTC

does not records

Please see my scenario :

1. Start Jmeter in windows

2. Add HTTP Proxy Server in WorkBench (Name: HTTP Proxy Server, Port: 8080)

3. Add Thread Group in Test Plan

4. Open Internet Explorer

5. Go to Connections and change LAN Settings

6. Click on Proxy Server Checkbox and put Addresses "127.0.0.1" and Port "8080"

7. Uncheck Bypass Proxy Server for local addresses

8. Click on Start Button on "HTTP Proxy Server" Page in JMeter

9. Put our local intranet url in the IE

Actual Result : It gives Page not found message on the screen.

I request you to please resolve my issue and the samething is working fine on other machine.

Thanks

Deepak Kumar Garg
Sr. Software Engineer

Infogain India Pvt.Ltd.
Phone: +91-120-2587089 Extn: 5123
Mobile: +91-9891057627
Email: deepak.garg@infogain.com

Re: does not records

Posted by Vibhuti Shankar <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Please follow these steps :-
hopefully it should work....

1. Start Run JMeter
2. Add a Thread Group in Test plan
    a.  Add a  Recording Controller in thread group
    b.  Add a Http request Defaults
    c.  Add a Http cookie manager
3. Select Http Request defaults
    Protocol:   http
    Server name/IP: Google.com <http://google.com/> or
goole.co.in(whichever you want )
    path : /
    port number: 80  (I m not sure, but you can leave it blank or even some
other port, but
    after recording you can check on which port server is listening by
recorderd http request).
4. Add Http Proxy sever in workbench
     Port :9090  (same port in IE)
     Target Controller ( Thread Group > Use Recording Controller)
5.  Save the Test plan
6. Open the IE Browser > select Tool > Internet Options > Connection Tab >
Lan Setting
    Select "Use Proxy server" address = "localhost" port="9090".
7. Now Select Start from your Test plan , workbench > Proxy server > start
    and do some navigation  by opening google, visit some link on it.
all would be recorded by JMeter.

Cheers,
-Vibhuti