Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Frey, Kerry" <kf...@noblestar.com> on 2000/06/29 17:16:40 UTC

RSS example

While the example is helpful in understanding how to use XML and RSS, it
seems to me that most sites keep their data in .rdf files.  Could someone
give me a hint or example as to how I might import the contents of an .rdf
file into an XML or XSP page?

TIA,
Kerry Frey
Consultant
Mobile Computing Practice
Noblestar Systems Corporation
http://www.noblestar.com
703-464-4000 x3017
Direct Fax 703-464-4254

Re: RSS example

Posted by burtonator <bu...@relativity.yi.org>.
"Frey, Kerry" wrote:

> While the example is helpful in understanding how to use XML and RSS, it
> seems to me that most sites keep their data in .rdf files.  Could someone
> give me a hint or example as to how I might import the contents of an .rdf
> file into an XML or XSP page?

RSS has two versions... RSS 0.90 and 0.91.  0.90 leaned really hard
towards RDF.  It is important to realize that RDF is just metadata and
they were using namespaces to separate the content.

Check out Jetspeed for a good example (http://java.apache.org/jetspeed)

--
Kevin A Burton (e-mail: burton@apache.org, UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)