Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/11/08 06:05:31 UTC

Issues with 0.8 RC1 (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache RAT Incubating 0.8 based on RC1)

On 2011-11-07, sebb wrote:

> The file:
> apache-rat-core/src/test/resources/binaries/UTF16_with_signature.xml
> in all source archives appears to be corrupt; it differs from the
> version in SVN.

I just downloaded the tar.bz2 (again) and verified it is identical to an
svn export created on my Linux machine that I used to create the build.
I will check with the Windows machine at $work later today.

The explicit MIME type of application/octet-stream for this file may
explain the difference.  Any attempt to use a non-binary MIME type has
made svn break the UTF-16 encoding for me so it deliberately is a
binary.

> The top-level NOTICE says:

> Apache RAT
> Copyright 2006-2010 The Apache Software Foundation

> Some other NOTICE files correctly say 2011

I didn't realize we had more than one NOTICE file and must have checked
one of the good ones.  Will be fixed.

> Some missing EOL settings:

will fix except for

> apache-rat-core/src/test/resources/binaries/UTF16_with_signature.xml

which has to be a binary in order to work.

Stefan

Re: Issues with 0.8 RC1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-11-08, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2011-11-07, sebb wrote:

>> Some missing EOL settings:

> will fix except for

>> apache-rat-core/src/test/resources/binaries/UTF16_with_signature.xml

> which has to be a binary in order to work.

I didn't fix the UTF8* file in the same dir either as it is binary as
well.

Stefan

Re: Issues with 0.8 RC1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-11-08, sebb wrote:

> On 8 November 2011 05:05, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 2011-11-07, sebb wrote:

>>> The file:
>>> apache-rat-core/src/test/resources/binaries/UTF16_with_signature.xml
>>> in all source archives appears to be corrupt; it differs from the
>>> version in SVN.

>> I just downloaded the tar.bz2 (again) and verified it is identical to an
>> svn export created on my Linux machine that I used to create the build.
>> I will check with the Windows machine at $work later today.

> I've just realised what the problem is - sorry, my fault.

> Because the EOLs in the zip file are different from the SVN export
> EOLs, I run an Ant script to force standard file types to CRLF.
> However this does not take note of the SVN properties, just the file
> extensions; I assume *.xml should be converted to CRLF.
> [Also I realise that my script does not specify the encoding to be used]

> When I compare the original extracted file against SVN export, all is well.

Great, then I think I've addressed all the other points and can go ahead
with a new RC.

> Sorry for the noise.

No problem, I'm glad you spotted the copyright year problem.

Stefan

Re: Issues with 0.8 RC1 (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache RAT Incubating 0.8 based on RC1)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.