Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu> on 2004/01/02 16:10:07 UTC

Re: Passing HttpClient Header back to the browser

Hi Thad,

The problem has nothing to do with Struts or HttpClient I believe.  It
is because a cookie is required to access the site.  Since there is no
way to set cookies on the browser from an applet, the cookie must be
set by the web server when the browser authenticates.  You would have
the same problem when using the java URLConnection and some other web
application framework.

Mike