Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2008/02/14 08:09:04 UTC

REPOST: Losing request parameters during form error

Anyone able to help with this?

Thanks!

>>> On 2008/01/08 at 03:53, in message <47...@csir.co.za>, "Derek Hohls" <DH...@csir.co.za> wrote:
Using Cocoon 2.1.8.

I am creating a new form and passing some default values
to it using request parameters:

eg. http://localhost:8888/mydb/newPerson.do?i=piet&r=16&c=5

The form displays normally and the user can add data -> submission
of a correct form also works. However, when encountering an
error on first submission e.g. a key field value is missing, then
when the form is redisplayed, the values obtained from parameters
passed in the first time are no longer displayed.  How do I ensure
that these parameters are used for each submission?

Thanks
Derek

Re: REPOST: Losing request parameters during form error

Posted by Tobia Conforto <to...@linux.it>.
Derek Hohls wrote:
> upgrading on the servers is, unfortunately, a much longer and time-
> consuming process.  I guess I was hoping it was not a bug.

Maybe it's not.  Can you post a minimal example (simple form with
maybe 1 widget) and minimal sitemap that exhibits the problem?

Tobia

Re: REPOST: Losing request parameters during form error

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Florian

Thanks for the suggestion.  I could try out a version locally,
but upgrading on the servers is, unfortunately, a much longer
and time-consuming process.  I guess I was hoping it was not a bug.

>>> On 2008/02/14 at 02:39, in message <47...@weitling.net>, Dev at weitling <de...@weitling.net> wrote:
Hi Derek,

do you have the opportunity to try it with a more recent version of Cocoon?
If you initialize a widget with a given parameter this sounds like a bug
probably corrected in the meantime.

Bye,
Florian

Posted by Dev at weitling <de...@weitling.net>.
Hi Derek,

Posted by Andrew Savory <sa...@andrewsavory.com>.
Hi Derek,

On 14/02/2008, Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> wrote:

> I am creating a new form and passing some default values
> to it using request parameters:
>
> eg. http://localhost:8888/mydb/newPerson.do?i=piet&r=16&c=5
>
> The form displays normally and the user can add data -> submission
> of a correct form also works. However, when encountering an
> error on first submission e.g. a key field value is missing, then
> when the form is redisplayed, the values obtained from parameters
> passed in the first time are no longer displayed.  How do I ensure
> that these parameters are used for each submission?

Are you using cforms, or your own custom form?
If cforms, you might find it easier to set the form fields from flowscript.
If you could post a snippet of your pipelines, it would help us to debug.

Andrew.
--
Sourcesense: Making sense of Open Source
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135