Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org> on 2015/02/04 14:38:43 UTC

Sorting of fields

Hey,

is it correct that we currently do not support sorting without any
grouping? I had this question by 2 users in the last weeks and now I
also need this functionality.

Is it possible to sort e.g. a word count result Tuple2<String, Integer>
by count?

Regards,
Timo

Re: Sorting of fields

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Based on this, we should also be able to implement a global top-k, which
has come up as a frequent requirement.

Re: Sorting of fields

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sorting of fields

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Ok, I found an earlier discussion about it. Sorry for the mail.

However, I think this is a very important feature and I should be added
soon.