Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/16 14:06:11 UTC

Podling graduation rally on incubator list

Hello,

There is a recent thread regarding getting podlings to graduate on the
incubator mailing list. Perhaps we can add Taverna to their list. We may
have stalled again. Any thoughts? What really, really, really needs done
to graduate? Let's move out any non essential components. We've already
released several so they are ready to go. Of the rest what do we really
need to keep? I can't see any that are essential.

Cheers,

Ian

Re: Podling graduation rally on incubator list

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I think we could release TavMob as it is. As long as the licences are
all ok. The infra folks set up a google play account as well so we could
push it to that. We could also just release the APK independently of
that. I'll investigate doing an APK release.

I think we have to be a bit ruthless with the codebases and prune
everything except the currently released repos, server and (maybe)
workbench. The rest can be moved somewhere else (tav-extras?) and can be
brought back in later

Cheers,

Ian

Posted by Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 16/02/17 14:06, Ian Dunlop wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is a recent thread regarding getting podlings to graduate on the
> incubator mailing list. Perhaps we can add Taverna to their list. We may
> have stalled again. Any thoughts? What really, really, really needs done
> to graduate? Let's move out any non essential components. We've already
> released several so they are ready to go. Of the rest what do we really
> need to keep? I can't see any that are essential.

I think you've described the situation accurately.

* Decide which code is in and which is not.
* Release the "in" code.
* Don't stall :-)

Good would be to have more PPMC diversity of organisation.

Graduation needs the codebase to be ASF-clean and verified; that's
Tavernas main item in my view.  A release does that best.

Maybe Taverna isn't quite at the point to be rallied.  The other
podlings are mostly all done, just need to do the grdauation step itself.

A pass over the Apache Project Maturity Model [1] as a check would be no
bad thing.

Other mentors' inputs?

     Andy

[1]