Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by chand priyankara <ch...@engineering.com> on 2013/05/05 08:34:56 UTC

Re: log4cxx - reaching out for interested developers

Hi all,

Any further suggestions in going forward other than Incubator or Attic?
or else, can we get in to a conclusion, please.

regards,

*Chand Priyankara*  [image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/chand.priyankara>
 [image: LinkedIn] <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/chandpriyankara> [image:
Blogger] <http://chandpriyankara.blogspot.com/> [image: Google
Plus]<http://plus.google.com/104246340732624023499>

|BSc(Eng) - Electrical & Information
|(094) 773-361-566
|chand@engineering.com
|http://chandpriyankara.blogspot.com
<http://www.iucnredlist.org/amazing-species>sent via internet

Posted by Roland Uuesoo <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Just wanted to note that there already are a couple of forks on github...

https://github.com/apache/log4cxx

Github is probably the easiest way to share the changes.

Posted by Pedro Lamarão <pe...@prodist.com.br>.
Em 06/05/2013 14:00, chand priyankara escreveu:

> Pretty good discussions, thanks to every body.
> Git seems a good track, and I'm in.
>
> Since *Christian* is here, I hope we can continue with:
> https://github.com/apache/log4cxx

I have somehow missed this.

We will see about rebasing our internal fork onto that.

Is there a process for patch reviewing and/or pull requests already in
place?

--
Pedro Lamarão Rosa e Silva
Prodist Technologies

Re: log4cxx - reaching out for interested developers

Posted by chand priyankara <ch...@engineering.com>.
Hi All,

Pretty good discussions, thanks to every body.
Git seems a good track, and I'm in.

Since *Christian* is here, I hope we can continue with:
https://github.com/apache/log4cxx

:)

regards,

*Chand Priyankara*  [image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/chand.priyankara>
 [image: LinkedIn] <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/chandpriyankara> [image:
Blogger] <http://chandpriyankara.blogspot.com/> [image: Google
Plus]<http://plus.google.com/104246340732624023499>

|BSc(Eng) - Electrical & Information
|(094) 773-361-566
|chand@engineering.com
|http://chandpriyankara.blogspot.com
<http://www.iucnredlist.org/amazing-species>sent via internet

Posted by Pedro Lamarão <pe...@prodist.com.br>.

Posted by Rhys Ulerich <rh...@gmail.com>.
> I will make a fork from trunk on GitHub today. Anyone wants in, we can
> deal with the patches, tarball releases and things like that.
>
> --> https://github.com/pedrolamarao/log4cxx

With regards to a Github-based fork, one important thing from the
discussion at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-general/201305.mbox/browser
was that ICLAs should be in place before pull requests can be
accepted.  Otherwise, incorporating any changes into an Apache-blessed
tree at a later date becomes difficult.

- Rhys

Re: log4cxx - reaching out for interested developers

Posted by Pedro Lamarão <pe...@prodist.com.br>.
Em 05/05/2013 03:42, Christian Grobmeier escreveu:
> Hello Chand,
>
> i asked the other logging members over at general@.
> One suggestion was to enable a git mirror for log4cxx and make it easier
> for others to contribute.
> Ralph (from log4j 2 mainly) mentioned he could look at the patches,
> because he has the skills which i lack.
> On the other hand, I might be able to release.
>
> Then the community could contribute / fork via GitHub too, which
> lightens the burden.
>
> So far not confirmed, but this is another option.

We were planning on a fork for our own purposes; this seems a good
opportunity for us to participate.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Chand,

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

AW: log4cxx - reaching out for interested developers

Posted by "Wiebesiek, Torsten" <to...@grecon.de>.
Hi all,

> Any further suggestions in going forward other than Incubator or Attic?
> or else, can we get in to a conclusion, please.

sorry for the late response. Lately, I didn't check the log4cxx new very
frequently, but this might change quickly. :-)

We are using this great library in all our C++ projects and it would be
nice to see it being maintained again, and as my time allows, I am willing
to help with documentation, help on this list, and maybe even some patches.

Moving log4cxx to the Incubator sounds great. :-)

  Torsten

--
Phone  : +49 5181 / 79 - 461
Fax    : +49 5181 / 79 - 233

Geschäftsführer: Ernst Greten, Kai Greten, Uwe Kahmann
Komplementärin: Greten GmbH; HR Hildesheim B 110042
---

Re: log4cxx - reaching out for interested developers

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Chand,

--
http://www.grobmeier.de