Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/10/29 09:21:59 UTC

[General] New Sonar Quality profile "PLC4X way"

Hi all,

while having had quite a lot of looks at the current PLC4X Sonar reports, I noticed that we should tweak some of them as the number of false-positives is quite high.
As we don’t want to change the Apache global settings, I requested to become an admin for the Sonar server and created a new profile, which inherits from the “Sonar way” …
here we can now disable some of the checks or re-parametrize some others.

What I would like to do is:

  *   Disable the warning about commented out code as we currently have a lot of places where code is not fully implemented. Having to remove some existing stubs isn’t good for the project (I think)
  *   Disable the number of parents a class can have before getting a warning. As the type hierarchy of Netty is sort of insane. Right now, we’re getting this warning for every Protocol we have.
  *   …

Chris