Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2009/03/20 06:31:16 UTC

[compress] Infrastructure changes after promotion

Hi,

the things to do:

* move in svn

  I'll take care of it and modify the externals for trunks-sandbox and
  trunks-proper

* different parent POM

  <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
    <artifactId>commons-parent</artifactId>
    <version>11</version>
  </parent>

  should be correct, at least this is what CLI's POM says.

* setup a new JIRA project for compress and move the SANDBOX issues
  for component Compress over there.

  Neither my JIRA karma nor knowledge are up to this task, we need
  help.

* site updates

  I'd like to defer that until I have figured out how to do it which
  should happen sometime during ApacheCon next week.

Anything else?

Stefan

Re: [compress] Infrastructure changes after promotion

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-03-20, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> as far as I know you have to apply a DOAP file.

I'd like to defer that to the point when we have the site in place as
well since we'd need to change URLs inside the DOAP file after that
anyway.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Additionally,
can you pleaes tag the component after the move?
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/MovingComponents
Thanks
Christian

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-03-24, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> * setup a new JIRA project for compress and move the SANDBOX issues
>>   for component Compress over there.

>>   Neither my JIRA karma nor knowledge are up to this task, we need
>>   help.

> JIRA is now set up to handle Commons Compress properly.

Great, many thanks.

> Still left to do:
> - Assign a "Fix version" for all resolved/closed issues

Done.

> Let me know you need help to bulk change all issues or to create new
> versions.

I think I've managed to do either and the "fixed version" should now
match our Wiki roadmap.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the things to do:
>
> * move in svn
>
>   I'll take care of it and modify the externals for trunks-sandbox and
>   trunks-proper
>
> * different parent POM
>
>   <parent>
>     <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>     <artifactId>commons-parent</artifactId>
>     <version>11</version>
>   </parent>
>
>   should be correct, at least this is what CLI's POM says.
>
> * setup a new JIRA project for compress and move the SANDBOX issues
>   for component Compress over there.
>
>   Neither my JIRA karma nor knowledge are up to this task, we need
>   help.

JIRA is now set up to handle Commons Compress properly. Here's what I did:
- Created a new JIRA project called COMPRESS
- Moved all issues for the component Compress from the SANDBOX project
to the COMPRESS project
- Deleted the component Compress from the SANDBOX project
- Created a 1.0 version in the COMPRESS project

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [compress] Infrastructure changes after promotion

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-03-24, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:

> Niall Pemberton wrote:

>> I updated the main commons site to move compress from the Sandbox to
>> proper page. Looks like Dennis corrected the urls, so I have deployed
>> a new version of compress site under proper - should be there after
>> the next sync.

> Thanks Niall, nice team work.

Indeed.  Many thanks to both of you.

> There is one file left in the site that I'd like to remove:

> http://commons.apache.org/compress/cvs-usage.html

> This is a leftover from the days of Maven 1, but is still in our SVN. It
> doesn't seem to be linked to from anywhere.

> The site generated by Maven 2 provides a richer page with info about the
> source repository:

> http://commons.apache.org/compress/source-repository.html

> Is it OK if I remove the file /src/site/xml/cvs-usage.xml from SVN?

Absolutely, yes.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 5:31 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the things to do:
>>>
>>> * move in svn
>>>
>>>  I'll take care of it and modify the externals for trunks-sandbox and
>>>  trunks-proper
>>>
>>> * different parent POM
>>>
>>>  <parent>
>>>    <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>>>    <artifactId>commons-parent</artifactId>
>>>    <version>11</version>
>>>  </parent>
>>>
>>>  should be correct, at least this is what CLI's POM says.
>>>
>>> * setup a new JIRA project for compress and move the SANDBOX issues
>>>  for component Compress over there.
>>>
>>>  Neither my JIRA karma nor knowledge are up to this task, we need
>>>  help.
>>>
>>> * site updates
>>>
>>>  I'd like to defer that until I have figured out how to do it which
>>>  should happen sometime during ApacheCon next week.
>>
>> I updated the main commons site to move compress from the Sandbox to
>> proper page. Looks like Dennis corrected the urls, so I have deployed
>> a new version of compress site under proper - should be there after
>> the next sync.
>
> Thanks Niall, nice team work.
>
> There is one file left in the site that I'd like to remove:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/compress/cvs-usage.html
>
> This is a leftover from the days of Maven 1, but is still in our SVN. It
> doesn't seem to be linked to from anywhere.
>
> The site generated by Maven 2 provides a richer page with info about the
> source repository:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/compress/source-repository.html
>
> Is it OK if I remove the file /src/site/xml/cvs-usage.xml from SVN?

+1 the m2 one is better.

> By the way, here's a great Firefox Add-on [1] that let you switch your
> proxy on and off real quick. I use it to view deployed sites via the ASF
> HTTP proxy [2], before they show up to the public:

Thanks, I'll try that out

Niall

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 5:31 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the things to do:
>>
>> * move in svn
>>
>>  I'll take care of it and modify the externals for trunks-sandbox and
>>  trunks-proper
>>
>> * different parent POM
>>
>>  <parent>
>>    <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>>    <artifactId>commons-parent</artifactId>
>>    <version>11</version>
>>  </parent>
>>
>>  should be correct, at least this is what CLI's POM says.
>>
>> * setup a new JIRA project for compress and move the SANDBOX issues
>>  for component Compress over there.
>>
>>  Neither my JIRA karma nor knowledge are up to this task, we need
>>  help.
>>
>> * site updates
>>
>>  I'd like to defer that until I have figured out how to do it which
>>  should happen sometime during ApacheCon next week.
>
> I updated the main commons site to move compress from the Sandbox to
> proper page. Looks like Dennis corrected the urls, so I have deployed
> a new version of compress site under proper - should be there after
> the next sync.

Thanks Niall, nice team work.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [compress] Infrastructure changes after promotion

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.