Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ian Kluft <ik...@cisco.com> on 1998/01/28 22:21:15 UTC

MSNBC article mentions Apache

I found this on a link from news.com.  I thought it was ironic considering
MS is a part owner of MSNBC...

   http://www.msnbc.com/news/139296.asp
   "A Titanic challenge to Microsoft"

It starts with the use of Linux in the special effects for Titanic but
also mentions Apache a couple times in discussion of the rise of freeware.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA

Re: MSNBC article mentions Apache

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Rob Hartill wrote:
>
> > So which computers were to blame for the crappy CGI people on the
> > deck during the early flyover shot ?
>
> You know, talking about CGI people on a web server list... erm... brings
> some odd images to mind and suggestions that they should use mod_perl
> people intead.  <g>

fnar fnar.

but wouldn't they have moved too fast and looked even less realistic ?

Re: MSNBC article mentions Apache

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Ian Kluft wrote:

> I found this on a link from news.com.  I thought it was ironic considering
> MS is a part owner of MSNBC...
>
>    http://www.msnbc.com/news/139296.asp
>    "A Titanic challenge to Microsoft"
>
> It starts with the use of Linux in the special effects for Titanic but

and Amigas were used for Jurassic Park... didn't stop the evil empire
thundering along  :-/