Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jibo John <ji...@mac.com> on 2009/10/02 22:05:06 UTC

Invoke "expungeDeletes" using SolrJ's SolrServer.commit()

Hello,

I know I can invoke expungeDeletes using updatehandler  ( curl update -
F stream.body=' <commit expungeDeletes="true"/>' ), however, I was
wondering if it is possible to invoke it using SolrJ.

It looks like, currently, there are no SolrServer.commit(..) methods
that I can use for this purpose.

Any input will be helpful.

Thanks,
-Jibo

Re: Invoke "expungeDeletes" using SolrJ's SolrServer.commit()

Posted by Jibo John <ji...@mac.com>.
Created jira issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1487

Thanks,
-Jibo

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
You can always add arbitrary parameters to an update request:

    UpdateRequest ureq = new UpdateRequest();
    ureq.add(doc);
    ureq.setParam("expungeDeletes","true");
    NamedList<Object> rsp = server.request(ureq);

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com