Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2009/02/27 13:01:46 UTC

SVN layout changes

Folks

I would like to make some changes to the project layout in SVN for core
and client in order to make them somewhat more compatible with the
conventional Maven project layout.

What I would like to do is to rename module directories after their
respective artifact ids

module-main -> httpcore
module-nio -> httpcore-nio
module-client -> httpclient
module-httpmime -> httpmime

and so on.

This would enable us to make POMs a little less verbose and, more
importantly, would also make branching easier, as there would be just
one place to keep all scm details instead of several.

On the down side this change will affect all local Eclipse projects and
will require them to be recreated. This, however, can be relatively easy
for those who use m2eclipse plugin or similar.

If I hear no objections, I'll make the changes to the SVN layout
sometime this weekend.

Evil Comrade Oleg

Re: SVN layout changes

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 27/02/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Folks
>
>  I would like to make some changes to the project layout in SVN for core
>  and client in order to make them somewhat more compatible with the
>  conventional Maven project layout.
>
>  What I would like to do is to rename module directories after their
>  respective artifact ids
>
>  module-main -> httpcore
>  module-nio -> httpcore-nio
>  module-client -> httpclient
>  module-httpmime -> httpmime
>
>  and so on.
>
>  This would enable us to make POMs a little less verbose and, more
>  importantly, would also make branching easier, as there would be just
>  one place to keep all scm details instead of several.
>
>  On the down side this change will affect all local Eclipse projects and
>  will require them to be recreated. This, however, can be relatively easy
>  for those who use m2eclipse plugin or similar.

Might also cause some temporary Gump problems, but I believe Gump is
now better at handling renamed directories. No point in worrying about
it though.

>  If I hear no objections, I'll make the changes to the SVN layout
>  sometime this weekend.

OK by me.

Re: SVN layout changes

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Oleg
> What I would like to do is to rename module directories after their
> respective artifact ids
>
> module-main -> httpcore
> module-nio -> httpcore-nio
> module-client -> httpclient