Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Joachim Dreimann <jd...@apache.org> on 2013/04/10 18:27:43 UTC

Graduation press coverage + interest

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on our recent efforts to grow our
community, because it matters so greatly[1]. The Apache press release[2]
has helped a great deal, and some of the thousands of people seeing our
demo site[3] may eventually result in committers contributing to the
project.

Certainly 10% or so decided to download Bloodhound afterwards[4][5]. At the
current rate we will have had 1000 downloads of 0.5.2 by Friday.

I've favourited many of the tweets that other people have sent about our
graduation[6]. In summary there were suggestions that it's 'the issue
tracker to look out for' and many people retweeting stories about the
release. The interview of with JAXenter that was published yesterday[7] is
along similar lines.

"Projects begin by thinking they're in the software engineering business;
after a while they realize they're in the recruiting business." Henri
Yandell[8]

And with that a nudge to the lurkers on this list: don't be shy! :-)

Cheers,
Joe

[1] Community over code: http://theapacheway.com/
[2] Apache press release:
https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces41
[3] bh-demo2 visits: http://goo.gl/#analytics/goo.gl/9NqjB/month
     Please note that this figure is likely understating actual visits by a
factor of two or three.
[4] 0.5.2 initial download link: http://goo.gl/#analytics/goo.gl/NNnlR/month
     This had to be changed after one day, and was replaced with [5].
[5] 0.5.2 current download link: http://goo.gl/#analytics/goo.gl/69mUq/month
[6] @apbloodhound favourites: https://twitter.com/apbloodhound/favourites
[7] JAXenter Apache Bloodhound:
http://jaxenter.com/apache-bloodhound-a-new-breed-of-issue-tracker-46761.html