Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Yang, Qiao" <QY...@Bear.com> on 2007/04/10 15:49:41 UTC

Problem encountered when installing Jetspeed2

The Installation Document
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-database.html said the
Derby database is distributed with Jetspeed2. Do I need to configure
anything to use this database in the build.properties? If yes, how?

Initially I didn't put in any customization instruction in the
build.properties file as the document doesn't mention such need for
derby. However when I did the "maven j2:quickStart", it failed and gave
error msg "Unsupported target database". I looked up the plugin.jelly
file where the error msg was printed and found that an rdbms
configuration seems required. Then I added
"org.apache.jetspeed.target.rdbms = derby" to the build.properties. But
I don't know how to configure the other database properties as listed
below.

org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.default.name=derby

org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url =

org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.driver =

org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.user =

org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.password =

They seem to be required because when I ran the "maven j2:quickStart"
again, I got following error complaining about can't find JDBC driver.
I'm not familiar with Derby. But as the document says it's distributed
with the Jetspeed2 and is the default database. Shouldn't the JDBC
driver, etc. be automatically handled by the installer? I stuck here.
Please help.

2:_db.executeDerby:

    [echo]  executeDerby

    [java] Exception in thread "main" Class Not Found: JDBC driver
could not be loaded

    [java]      at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.JDBCTask.getDriver(JDBCTask.java:366)

    [java]      at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.JDBCTask.getConnection(JDBCTask.java:304)

    [java]      at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.SQLExec.execute(SQLExec.java:346)

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.anttasks.ExecuteJavaSQL.main(ExecuteJavaSQL.java:132
)

    [java] [ERROR] Java Result: 1

At the same time, I got another exception when running "maven
j2:quickStart". Is it related to the database setup or a different
error?

    [java] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to start
DBCPCDatasourceComponent: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: -ds

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent.start(
DBCPDatasourceComponent.java:179)

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.BoundDBCPDatasourceComponent.s
tart(BoundDBCPDatasourceComponent.java:84)

    [java] [09:33:36] INFO
[org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent] -
Attempting to start DBCPCDatasourceComponent.

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.SpringJNDIStarter.setupJNDI(SpringJN
DIStarter.java:152)

    [java] [09:33:36] ERROR
[org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent] -
Unable to start DBCPCDatasourceComponent:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: -ds

    [java] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: -ds

    [java]      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

    [java]      at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.SpringJNDIStarter.setUp(SpringJNDISt
arter.java:89)

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.serializer.JetspeedSerializerApplication.main(Jetspe
edSerializerApplication.java:362)

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent.start(
DBCPDatasourceComponent.java:150)

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.BoundDBCPDatasourceComponent.s
tart(BoundDBCPDatasourceComponent.java:84)

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.SpringJNDIStarter.setupJNDI(SpringJN
DIStarter.java:152)

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.SpringJNDIStarter.setUp(SpringJNDISt
arter.java:89)

    [java]      at
org.apache.jetspeed.serializer.JetspeedSerializerApplication.main(Jetspe
edSerializerApplication.java:362)

    [java] [ERROR] Java Result: 1

Thanks,

- Qiao

Re: Problem encountered when installing Jetspeed2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Apr 10, 2007, at 6:49 AM, Yang, Qiao wrote:

> The Installation Document http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/
> guides/guide-database.html said the Derby database is distributed
> with Jetspeed2. Do I need to configure anything to use this
> database in the build.properties? If yes, how?
>

> Initially I didn’t put in any customization instruction in the
> build.properties file as the document doesn’t mention such need for
> derby. However when I did the “maven j2:quickStart”, it failed and
> gave error msg “Unsupported target database”. I looked up the
> plugin.jelly file where the error msg was printed and found that an
> rdbms configuration seems required. Then I added
> “org.apache.jetspeed.target.rdbms = derby” to the build.properties.
> But I don’t know how to configure the other database properties as
> listed below.
>

> org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.default.name=derby
>
> org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url =
>
> org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.driver =
>
> org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.user =
>
> org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.password =

There is also a set of production properties

org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name=derby
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url = jdbc:derby:/path/
database/jetspeed;create=true
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver =
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user =
org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password =
org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path=/somepath/database/
drivers/derby-10.1.1.0.jar