Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ad...@altavista.com> on 2002/02/11 17:43:34 UTC

Install problem

Hi All,

I'm trying to get up and running with Struts and thought I'd check out the struts-blank app first.

I've got an exception occuring in the startup of tomcat 4.0.1 since I put the struts-blank.war in my tomcat webapps directory.

.....loads of calls etc .....
Call org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.addForward( ActionForward[success])
Pop org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward
New org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping
Set org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping properties
Begin event threw exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke( NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:42)

Now I followed the install instructions and I have JDBC2 and JAXP and commons.* jar files and I also have the J2EE, but I'm not sure about how to modify the setup in terms of PATH or CLASSPATH in my environment.

I've got struts.jar and commons-*.jar in my struts-blank webapps/lib

Can anyone tell from the exception what's wrong?

http://www.shopping.altavista.com