Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by gordie atkins <go...@rediffmail.com> on 2003/09/30 09:11:43 UTC

Deserializing Complex Output

Hi

I am facing the following problem using Axis SOAP for invocation
of a service.

Is it possible to use serialization/deserialization by specifying
the  mapping between beans, types in the wsdd file in order to
process complex type output.

In the samples provided by axis there are examples which processes
complex type as input to an operation specified in a service. Is
this also possible if i want to map some o/p value which i get in
the return type through the wsdd file to some java object.

Does someone have some example code which can help me out.

I am able to parse through complex type output and build up java
objects but there are a large no of loops being created so i want
to have some xml file..(possibly the wsdd file as done for input )
where these mappings can be specified to build object for return
type...

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated
Art meets Anesthesia; Shefali Weds Dr. Raman.
Rediff Matchmaker strikes another interesting match !!
Visit http://matchmaker.rediff.com?1

Re: Deserializing Complex Output

Posted by vairamuthu thayapavan <vt...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
hi
create a class for ur complex type
first create a class that give the way to return the complextype (call
that class Complex as a bean).
QName qn = new QName( "urn:mycomplex", Complex" );

then register that type
call.registerTypeMapping(Complex .class, qn,new
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory(Complex .class, qn), new
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFactory(Complex .class, qn));
then set return type as
call.setReturnType(qn);

regards
vtpavan