Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Owen <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/26 12:33:54 UTC

[M1] Using java files of other project

Hi,

I'm using Maven 1.0.2 and on one maven project I need to use the java
source
files of another maven project. Any ideas how I can do it?
(ie. in one maven project, it's source files references the source
files in
another project)

I need to keep the two sets of maven source files separate. At the moment
I'm
getting compile errors in one project, because its java source files depends
on the
java source files of another project.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: [M1] Using java files of other project

Posted by Kristian Nordal <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 26, 2005, at 12:33 PM, Michael Owen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Maven 1.0.2 and on one maven project I need to use the java
> source
> files of another maven project. Any ideas how I can do it?
> (ie. in one maven project, it's source files references the source
> files in
> another project)
>
> I need to keep the two sets of maven source files separate. At the
> moment I'm
> getting compile errors in one project, because its java source
> files depends on the
> java source files of another project.

I assume you are not talking about the actual source files here
(.java), in that case I don't know how to share that kind of
resources between maven projects.

To be able to use classes from another maven project, that project (/
artifact) need to be installed in your repository (maven
jar:install). If you mean inside an IDE, then you can do as Marc and
Grant suggested in the other thread.

Regards,
Kristian