Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/11 22:03:01 UTC

batch release of a set of projects without using the default versioning scheme

I just spend some time examining the latest release plugin release.
I'm trying to set up an automatic release from Cruisecontrol, and I
want to specify the project versions myself, without relying on the
automatic versioning. I found a way to do this, and I thought I'd
share how...

First, create a release.properties file yourself (I use ant), with the
following content

project.rel.groupId\:artifactId=release-version
project.dev.groupId\:artifactId=new-development-version-SNAPSHOT

Next, run your release

mvn -B release:prepare release:perform -Dresume=true
-DautoVersionSubmodules=true

-B: batch mode
-Dresume=true normally resumes a interrupted release, but in this case
it just reads the defaults from the release.properties file.
-DautoVersionSubModules=true uses the same version for each submodule
as for the parent

If you don't want the same version for each project, you can specify a
version per project in the release.properties file and skip the
autoVersionSubModules.

Tom