Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/03/13 21:43:31 UTC

watch out for this Eclipse feature: Oomph

When testing plugins, I usually start by unzipping a "fresh" Eclipse zipped-up
image.

Recently, "Oomph", a new Eclipse feature appeared.  At some point it became
setup on my build machine.

The result of this is that after my fresh Eclipse image was unzipped and
initially run (with a brand-new workspace), data kept in [home]/.eclipse was
used to "initialize" this, including setting up some Java classpath variables,
such as UIMA_HOME.  These were set to invalid locations (they were valid once,
and then their directories were erased).  I fixed this in Eclipse, (wondering
how they got set up), but the next time I restarted Eclipse, they got "reset" to
their other values.

I finally found where they were stored, in some set up configuration in
home/.eclipse, and removed them.

-Marshall