Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Majdi Haouech <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/17 09:18:10 UTC

[GSOC] CWL integration project start

Hi,

I will be working on CWL workflows integration in Apache Taverna for the
GSOC (Google Summer Of Code) program.
The goal is to create a plugin to import/export CWL workflows. We will
start by doing structural import/export.

To start we need to be able to parse .cwl files and for that I started by
analysing some existing projects doing that. For instance, I started with
rabix/bunny
<https://github.com/rabix/bunny/tree/master/rabix-bindings-cwl/src/main/java/org/rabix/bindings/cwl>
, cwljava <https://github.com/common-workflow-language/cwljava> and
schema_salad
<https://github.com/common-workflow-language/schema_salad/blob/master/schema_salad/java_codegen.py>
.
We decided to get inspired by cwljava project for the parsing component
because it has a good YAML parser that is not complicated.

Please feel free to add any comments, I will be happy to hear any
suggestions.

Best regards,
Majdi