Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/01/01 20:11:03 UTC

Re: sa-update errors with 3.1.7

Looks like Theo pushed through updates for the wrong version in the 3.1.x
channel ;)   Give it an hour or so and it should be fixed.

By the way this is _totally_ harmless -- since the lint check failed,
sa-update didn't make any change to the existing ruleset.

--j.

Re: sa-update errors with 3.1.7

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 07:21:02AM +0000, Nigel Frankcom wrote:
> It went in clean on all servers when I ran it this morning. I guess
> you fixed whatever the issue was?

I believe the order of what happened was:

- I pushed the update on the evening of 12/31
- In the morning of 1/1, the automatic 3.2 update process pushed out an update
  with the same revision number, overwriting the 3.1 file
- JM pushed out a new 3.1 update package

So it's working now, but there was a time where the 3.1 channel pointed
at a 3.2 file.  Needless to say, the automatic update script needs at
least a "if [ -f ... ]" snippet to avoid overwriting existing files.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"A CAT scan should take less time than a PET scan.  For a CAT scan,

Re: sa-update errors with 3.1.7

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 02:16:56 -0500, Theo Van Dinter
<fe...@apache.org> wrote:

>On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 07:11:03PM +0000, Justin Mason wrote:
>> Looks like Theo pushed through updates for the wrong version in the 3.1.x
>> channel ;)   Give it an hour or so and it should be fixed.
>
>Um.   No, I didn't.  In fact, I upgraded my machines right after pushing
>the upgrade.  Doing a little digging, it appears that a 3.2.0 update
>got pushed out with the same number and overwrote the 3.1 update.
>Speciically:
>
>$ head -1 /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007/updates_spamassassin_org.cf
># UPDATE version 491519
>
>Looking at the updates dir:
>
>-r--r--r--   1 updatesd other     118681 Jan  1 08:50 491519.tar.gz
>-r--r--r--   1 updatesd other        823 Jan  1 08:50 491519.tar.gz.asc
>-r--r--r--   1 updatesd other         84 Jan  1 08:50 491519.tar.gz.sha1
>
>Untarring that file does show a 3.2 update tree.  Note the time on the
>file is 0850 GMT (0350 EST) on 1/1, and I pushed the update around 2030
>EST on 12/31.
>
>So ...  Bug in JM's code, not checking if there's already an update with
>that rev number? :P   (looks like run_part2, lines 142-144 btw)

It went in clean on all servers when I ran it this morning. I guess
you fixed whatever the issue was?

Kind regards

Nigel

Re: sa-update errors with 3.1.7

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 07:11:03PM +0000, Justin Mason wrote:
> Looks like Theo pushed through updates for the wrong version in the 3.1.x
> channel ;)   Give it an hour or so and it should be fixed.

Um.   No, I didn't.  In fact, I upgraded my machines right after pushing
the upgrade.  Doing a little digging, it appears that a 3.2.0 update
got pushed out with the same number and overwrote the 3.1 update.
Speciically:

$ head -1 /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007/updates_spamassassin_org.cf
# UPDATE version 491519

Looking at the updates dir:

-r--r--r--   1 updatesd other     118681 Jan  1 08:50 491519.tar.gz
-r--r--r--   1 updatesd other        823 Jan  1 08:50 491519.tar.gz.asc
-r--r--r--   1 updatesd other         84 Jan  1 08:50 491519.tar.gz.sha1

Untarring that file does show a 3.2 update tree.  Note the time on the
file is 0850 GMT (0350 EST) on 1/1, and I pushed the update around 2030
EST on 12/31.

So ...  Bug in JM's code, not checking if there's already an update with
that rev number? :P   (looks like run_part2, lines 142-144 btw)

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
I have a switch in my apartment that doesn't do anything.  Every once
 in a while I turn it on and off.  On and off.  On and off.  One day I
 got a call from a woman in France who said "Cut it out!"
 		-- Steven Wright