Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Ilgiz Islamgulov <il...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/28 22:14:20 UTC

[dev] GSOC: REST interface for Libcloud. Weekly report #1

This will be my first post in a series for weekly reports on my GSoC’12
project, “REST interface for Libcloud”. Currently Libcloud has a big
limitation - you can only use it with Python. I'm willing to implement HTTP
interface for Libcloud which exposes all the Libcloud functionality through
a RESTful API. Adding a REST interface would allow users to leverage
Libcloud functionality through an arbitrary language which knows how to
talk HTTP.
I have been communicating with my mentor, Tomaz, and have written a
proof-of-concept, it is ready to be deploy and return some responses.
Thanks to code reviews and a lot of excellent ideas from Tomaz.
A short summary of my progress:
-Created project repository on GitHub. (
https://github.com/islamgulov/libcloud.rest<http://vk.com/away.php?to=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fislamgulov%2Flibcloud.rest>
)
-Wrote draft of general API specification
-Wrote draft of error responses
-Wrote a simple app using werkzeug to handle requests and return responses
-Wrote a basic resources handlers
-Wrote setup script
First of all I'm going to introduce tests suits next week.