Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jeff Longland <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/05 14:26:22 UTC

Re: Wicket and Single Sign-on?

Hi Igor,

Apologies that I wasn't more detailed.  More specifically:

1. User is in application X
2. User clicks on link to goto application Y
3. Application X constructs a URL with relevant parameters (ex.
username) and an md5 hash with the shared secret
4. Application X redirects to this URL.
5. Application Y (the wicket app) receives the request and validates
the shared secret. (authentication)
6. After validating the shared secret, the user needs to be logged in
with the appropriate role (authorization)
7. User proceeds to use the application

When working with JSP/Servlet previously, I've accomplished this by
using a servlet filter on application Y.  As I said in my original
post, I'm not sure what the 'proper' way of doing something like this
is with Wicket.  Can anyone offer any guidance?

Thanks again,
Jeff

Re: Wicket and Single Sign-on?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
application X constructs a url to page Y of the wicket app.
application X issues a redirect

wicket's IAuthorizationStrategy intercepts instantiation of page Y
inside this strategy you can check if the url contains proper credentials
if it does you store the credentials in session and return true -
meaning user has access to page Y

-igor