Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steve Maring <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/30 19:49:05 UTC

void return type not implemented?

I just read a previous post (
http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-user@xml.apache.org/msg14040.html
) that implied that one way messages are not yet
implemented.  So my operations, as specified in my
WSDL, must have outputs specified.  I've confirmed
this by attempting to define a WSDL operation without
outputs.  Exceptions galore.

However, a message without a part subelement refering
to a type seems to be treated as containing
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Void in the SOAP
response.  Then throws exceptions that no deserializer
was found.

Is there no way to for me to implement a
document/literal web service on top of a method like:

public void addPerson( Person person )

I'd rather not return boolean or something.  I don't
want my web service layer to drive my business logic.

Many Thanks.
Steve Maring

http://shopping.yahoo.com