Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by rab ra <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/27 11:19:41 UTC

Open already existing sequenceFile

Hello

Is this possible to open already existing sequence file and append to it?
I could not find any pointers and tutorials anywhere.
Can someone help me out here?

with thanks and regards
Bala

Re: Open already existing sequenceFile

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Bala,

Currently, it is not possible to append to an existing sequence file.  HADOOP-7139 is an issue that has requested the addition of this capability.  If you'd like to receive status updates as the issue makes progress, you can add your jira account as a watcher on that issue.

--Chris Nauroth

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Bala,

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.