Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/12 05:17:01 UTC

Parallel beast testing.

In case others might find it useful, I've shared this beasting script I
have. It's especially useful when trying to harden or replicate a SolrCloud
test timing issue. Nothing works better at flushing out the weeds than
running the same test N times against itself. If you find it hard to
replicate what you see on jenkins, chances are that this will do it in my
experience.

There is an easy to read results file that will note the failed runs and
sub dirs to look at for the logs.

https://gist.github.com/markrmiller/dbdb792216dc98b018ad

- Mark

Re: Parallel beast testing.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
thanks very much for sharing the script.

Just to make I understand correctly, there can be test failures because
of timing issues of the test itself, but
these are not actual "functional" failures, right?

Or can you explain a bit more?

Thanks

Michael