Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Acquisto-j4 <jo...@j4computers.com> on 2019/04/01 15:53:49 UTC

Large email -size limits?

Occasionally an obvious phish gets through, traced to being over the "skip it" size limit.

Any written guidelines to rational limit on message size?   Or suggestions from "hands on" experience?

--
+++++++++++++++++++++++
         joea@@j4computers.com

Re: Large email -size limits?

Posted by Joe Acquisto-j4 <jo...@j4computers.com>.
<20...@gumby.homeunix.com>, RW <rw...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

>> <86...@thelounge.net>, Reindl Harald
>> <h....@thelounge.net> wrote:

>> > it" size limit.

>> > from "hands on" experience?
>> >
>> > as big as possible, for many years
>>
>> I must display my ignorance for all to see.
>>
>> I understand the size limit decision is done by spamc, correct?    So
>> far I am unable to determine how to implement the size limit change.
>> The docs speak to a -s option in "a configuration file", but do not
>> specify, far as I can tell, what that config file is.
>>
>> I took a stab at /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf but it was ignored
>> and left me this in /var/log/mail "Apr  1 13:55:38 open-122
>> spamd[14040]: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in
>> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf": -s nnnnnnnnn"
>>
>> So, I presume I presumed incorrectly.
>>

> It's spamc.conf in the same directory as local.cf.
>
> It is actually documented in the manual, but it doesn't exactly stand
> out.

Thanks.  Seems to have accepted it.

--
         joea@@j4computers.com