Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Erich Meier <em...@methodpark.de> on 2002/02/25 14:09:33 UTC

Torque: getCategory() in every bean?

Hi!

We made the transition from torque-2.1 to torque-3.0-dev in our project.
Unfortunately, we stumbled accross a newly introduced getter in BaseObject.java
named "getCategory()". This method collides with a column name "category" in
two of our tables.

Isn't the name "getCategory()" a bit too general and isn't the probability of
a name clash similar to ours a bit too high?

My suggestion would be to rename this method to "getLog4JCategory()" or some-
thing else.

As this is a developer list, a patch is attached.

Erich
--
Dr. Erich Meier, Software Process Improvement
method park, Wetterkreuz 19a, 91058 Erlangen, Germany

Re: Torque: getCategory() in every bean?

Posted by Erich Meier <em...@methodpark.de>.
On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 09:15:08AM -0800, Daniel Rall wrote:
> How about getLog() or getLogger()?

I'd choose a name that probably never gets chosen as a category name.
Noone will ever name a column "log4_j_category", I guess.

Posted by Erich Meier <em...@methodpark.de>.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.