Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Paula Álvarez Álvarez <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2014/01/21 14:38:33 UTC

Embedding widgets with Wookie

Hi at all! I’m Paula.

I’m trying to embedding Wookie widgets in a platform with Apache Rave. I’m
reading the documentation and I observed that there are only plugins for
<http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/hoisl/read/385029/wookie-widgets>
Elgg,
<http://code.google.com/p/foogen/source/browse/#svn/trunk/drupal/module/didg
et> Drupal,
<http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/Wookie+Widgets> LAMS,
<http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?rid=3319> Moodle and
<http://code.google.com/p/wookiewordpressplugin/> Wordpress. If I want to do
that, ¿is it necessary to develop a new plugin?

I appreciate any answer because I’m a bit lost.

Thanks, Paula.

---
Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast! Antivirus está activa.

Re: Embedding widgets with Wookie

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
Actually, should probably be added here I guess....

http://rave.apache.org/documentation/index.html

We need a better link between docs and wiki.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
Scott,

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 24 Jan 2014, at 20:11, Eduardo López wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> As Paula and Adrian, I am interested in this topic too.
>
> As you said, the widget appears when this attribute is removed, but this
> change is not persistent, in what way could I make it persistent?

The widget is normally made visible when it gets a onWidget[id]Load() event fired. This is triggered by onGadgetLoad() from the OpenAjax iFrameContainer. However, I'm not sure when this stopped working, or why!

Posted by Eduardo López <ed...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much, Scott.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 4 Feb 2014, at 19:26, Eduardo López wrote:

> Now it works! I purge my maven local repository (mvn
> dependency:purge-local-repository), and then I downloaded the project again.
>
> Thanks!!

Yay!

Posted by Eduardo López <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eduardo López <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eduardo López <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eduardo,

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 31 Jan 2014, at 21:16, Eduardo López wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Sorry to bother you again, but the problem continues appearing. Now it
> happens when I add a new W3C widget into the store and I place it on the
> page.
>
> When I add a widget that it is already posted on Rave, it appears
> perfectly. Any guesses?

Not offhand - would you mind writing up each of the steps you take so I can see where the problem might occur?

Posted by Eduardo López <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eduardo López <ed...@gmail.com>.