Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brendan P Keenan <bk...@csc.com> on 2011/10/07 18:08:26 UTC

Adding Revisions

I apologise if this has been answered somewhere else but I just haven't
been able to find it...

Server is running Windows 2003 R2 SP2
Tomcat 6.0.33

I need to mitigate CVE-2011-3190. It appears revision 1162959 fixes it.

I cannot find how to apply 1162959. Hopefully someone can tell me the steps
or point me to documentation
Thanks

Brendan P Keenan
Mainframe Automation
CSC

Home Office - Columbia, CT USA
GOS | Global Enterprise Service Mgmt | 1.860.416.0251 | bkeenan@csc.com |
www.csc.com

delivery.
purpose.

RE: Adding Revisions

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Brendan P Keenan [mailto:bkeenan@csc.com]
> Subject: Adding Revisions

> I cannot find how to apply 1162959. Hopefully someone
> can tell me the steps or point me to documentation

Have you read this?

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/building.html

 - Chuck

Re: Adding Revisions

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
> I apologise if this has been answered somewhere else but I just haven't
> been able to find it...
>
> Server is running Windows 2003 R2 SP2
> Tomcat 6.0.33
>
> I need to mitigate CVE-2011-3190. It appears revision 1162959 fixes it.
>
> I cannot find how to apply 1162959. Hopefully someone can tell me the steps
> or point me to documentation
> Thanks
>

> Brendan P Keenan
> Mainframe Automation
> CSC

Could you use one of the two mitigation recommendations?

The announcement:

http://tomcat.apache.org/security-6.html#Fixed_in_Apache_Tomcat_6.0.34_(not_yet_released)

If you're using mod_jk, then the following two links gives you detailed configuration information.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

If you're using mod_proxy_ajp or mod_jk earlier than 1.2.12 (upgrade), then you can change the AJP connector protocol to org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler as per the announcement.

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/