Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/17 11:10:40 UTC

Neo4j HA Configuration

I tested out the Neo4j HA configuration with TinkerPop yesterday and it
worked nicely. We sometimes get questions about how to set that up or how
to get Gremlin Server to point at a cluster rather than run in embedded
mode, so it was nice to see this working. I wrote up some documentation on
how to get this configured in TinkerPop:

http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.2.1-SNAPSHOT/reference/#_high_availability_configuration

It's pretty simple really. TinkerPop really just acts as a pass through for
Neo4j configuration options so if you follow Neo4j's instructions in their
documentation you just append those options into your TinkerPop graph
instances and you should be good to go. I was able to get a three node
cluster running purely in Gremlin Server going in just a few minutes.

Note that while I referenced 3.2.1 documentation above, this feature should
work in both 3.1.2-incubating (maybe all of 3.1.x but i didn't test) and
3.2.0-incubating.