Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "a.v.v.gopalakrishna" <kr...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/23 14:06:09 UTC

How to install Tomcat 6.0.18 0n Windows Vista Home Premium?

Hi,

I am A.V.V. GopalaKrishna a developer in Java.

I have a problem in installing the Tomcat Server on to Windows Vista Home
Premium.

I am currently using the JDK 1.6.0_13 and Tomcat 6.0.18.

When installing its getting installed, but when the service is to be started
its showing me an error named "Application System Error, Tomcat cannot be
started as service" and the tray icon disappears.

Can you tell me how to install tomcat on to Windows Vista Home Premium and
run it as a service?

Hope u can resolve this issue as early as possible

-- With Thanks & Regards -

A.V.V.GopalaKrishna

Re: How to install Tomcat 6.0.18 0n Windows Vista Home Premium?

Posted by S Arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.
try starting by the bat file in bin folder.

-Arvind
*
"Many of lifes failure are people who did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up."
-Thomas Edison

*