Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ApacheUser <bh...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/28 15:35:02 UTC

Data Compresion in Ignite

Hi Team,

We are using persistent storage . Could you please answer the following.

1. What is the data format(Binary?) .
2. Is it compressed on Disc and in Memory?
3. Is the Data format in Memory on Disc same?

Thanks

Re: Data Compresion in Ignite

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

1. https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-architecture
2. No.
3. Roughly the same. Disk has more meta-data that is needed to swap data in
and out, there's WAL, etc... But pages are the same.

Ilya Kasnacheev