Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Tenzer, Jennifer (IT)" <Je...@morganstanley.com> on 2006/09/13 19:06:24 UTC

Shifting a chart?

Hi,

I am using POI 2.5.1  and read in an Excel file containing a chart. I am
adding data to the workbook (number of rows can vary), and would like to
move down the chart. I have tried to use he shiftRows method, but that
does not seem to work for the chart:

sheet.shiftRows(CHART_AREA_START_ROW, CHART_AREA_END_ROW,
rowsInSection);

Any other ideas of what I could try?

Thanks!
Jennifer

Re: Shifting a chart?

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
I'd be surprised if shitRows work. A chart, AFAIK, isnt placed as a value in a
cell. You'll somehow need to get the anchor/location information from the
chart, and update that. Not sure if POI exports that information....

The other option is to place the chart in a sheet of its own....