Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sdkrum <so...@uninett.no> on 2014/06/13 10:55:00 UTC

activemq dies without warning or hint

Hi!

I am using acitevemq (version 5.9) in a standard installation (apart from
the java memory, which we raised to 2 gb ) for a while now, but lately it
behaves strange. Under some load (mostly over one or topic) the activemq
process dies without further notice. I do not find anything in the log file
( data/activemq.log ).

Here is a small hint i found (but i have no idea if it has anything to do
with the process dying:

2014-06-12 16:16:48,188 | INFO  | Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet
'dispatcher' | /admin | main
2014-06-12 16:30:19,476 | WARN  | Transport Connection to:
tcp://127.0.0.1:48661 failed: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport | ActiveMQ
Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:48661@61616
2014-06-13 07:46:31,432 | INFO  | Refreshing
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1@5135e781: startup date [Fri
Jun 13 07:46:31 CEST 2014]; root of context hierarchy |
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1 | main

ActiveMq was started at 16:16 and I know that the server was alive until
about 21:00 and so i started it again next morning, as you see in the log.

Any kind of help is appreciated. I looked a bit around in the documentation,
but did not find a hint where to start searching.

Kind regards

Søren Krum
So i have some questions: I found in config some log configuration files
(log4j.properties/logging.properties), but i do not really know how to
change them so that i find a possible reason for the server crashing. The
clients using the jms are all mule instances, but i am not sure if their log
output helps in finding the issue.