Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tom Bloomfield <to...@shopbloomfield.com> on 2004/11/15 06:52:47 UTC

Link Livesites: Bloomfield Nutrition on Cocoon 2.1.5.1

I finished integration of Cocoon 2.1.5.1 tonight!

www.shopbloomfield.com
"Bloomfield Nutrition is an eCommerce site selling nutritional
supplements to atheletes and those seeking a more healthy lifestyle."

Current details:
Web service proxy is used to pipe various content for each page (this
was big for me since this project wasn't built from scratch and I needed
to integrate with existing apps on the server). Cocoon is used for FOP,
XML, and HTML transformation. Lenya is used as CMS for articles; I'm
expanding this slowly by tying this in with the existing structure.

Currently working on:
The search functionality on the site leaves a bit to be desired - this
is currently in progress. I'm also integrating several core generators
into the administrative porition of the site to manage files.

Cocoon has been a life saver to me- giving me a convenient way to
streamline content from various sources that was previously a tangled
mess. From start to finish, I integrated Cocoon with the existing site
in around 4 weeks (ending today). This is my first Cocoon project (I've
been working with Lenya for several weeks now).

I hope this provides as an example of Cocoon being used for eCommerce.
I'd be interested in hearing others experiences with Cocoon when added
to the "live-sites" section!

TB

Re: Link Livesites: Bloomfield Nutrition on Cocoon 2.1.5.1

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Tom:

Thanks for posting the site. How we can know this was done using Cocoon?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Tom Bloomfield dijo:

Posted by Tom Bloomfield <to...@shopbloomfield.com>.
What way do you normally test for Cocoon sites?   (I guess this would be
good to know for future reference too).. Just let me know and I'll do my
best to open things up!

Tom