Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/10/13 09:17:57 UTC

Volunteering as a committer

Hi Pluto Team,

I'm very happy that finally this project has started and I want
to be part of it :) So, actually I'm proposing myself.

I already entered my interest in Pluto on the original proposal page:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?PlutoProposal

Why me?

My interest is two-fold.
a) I'm interested in pluto as it is the reference implementation
and I want to help that it remains the ri and is not blured
by the interest of other (apache) projects.

b) I'm interested in integrating Pluto in the Apache Cocoon
project to make another apache project complying to the standard.

What do you think? Do you need more information/reasons?

Carsten

Re: Volunteering as a committer

Posted by Stephan Hesmer <sh...@apache.org>.
> I'm very happy that finally this project has started and I want
> to be part of it :) So, actually I'm proposing myself.

+1

--
Stephan

Re: Volunteering as a committer

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
+1
for giving Carsten committer status.

Regards,
	Stefan

RE: Making Cocoon using Pluto [was: RE: Volunteering as a committer]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 11:12  PM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > Afaik Jetspeed-2 is an own servlet (like Cocoon is) and I thought
> > integrating it into Cocoon nicely is not that easy. How will you
> > integrate
> > one servlet into another?
> >
> Well if depends on how you implement your Cocoon/portal.
> First thing that comes to mind is writing Cocoon portlet applications
> and integrating Cocoon as any other standard PA

If I understand you correctly, you mean developing the portlets in (with)
Cocoon and using them in (another) portlet container?

Thanks

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Santiago Gala wrote:

> I counted 5. So Carsten Ziegler (cziegler@apache.org) should be given
> karma in pluto-dev. He is member of the ASF.

I'll take care of this.

--Cliff

Re: Making Cocoon using Pluto [was: RE: Volunteering as a committer]

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Eyebrowse archives will be setup shortly.

Shortly is now:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listName=pluto-dev@jakarta.
apache.org

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listName=pluto-user@jakarta
.apache.org

	--- Noel

RE: Pluto List Archives

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Pluto List Archives

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Manoj setup the pluto list archives, which are at

   http://jakarta.apache.org/mail/pluto-dev/
   http://jakarta.apache.org/mail/pluto-user/

Pluto List Archives

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
El jueves, 16 octu, 2003, a las 20:42 Europe/Madrid, David Sean Taylor
escribió:

> Sounds great to me.
> Again Im +1 on Carsten and getting the Cocoon team involved and using
> Pluto.
> How many votes does Carsten have now?

I counted 5. So Carsten Ziegler (cziegler@apache.org) should be given
karma in pluto-dev. He is member of the ASF.

I cannot send a pointer to the vote in nagoya because pluto lists are
not being archived. I asked at infrastructure about one week ago. No
answer yet. the mail directory for the mboxes is empty. They should be
in gmane, though.

BTW, we should have used a [VOTE] for the subject.

I cc: infrastructure, for the karma and the list archival issue,
incubator-general just in case, and jakarta-general, because our cvs
repo is there. (Any more needed lists? ) :-P

Regards
      Santiago

Re: Making Cocoon using Pluto [was: RE: Volunteering as a committer]

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 11:12  PM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>> On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 12:17  AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>

>> Could you tell us more about how Pluto will be integrated into Cocoon?
>> Also, why not work on Jetspeed-2 and integrate it with Cocoon?
>>
> I'm (and thereby I think I can speak for the whole Cocoon community)
> open
> on how to integrate Pluto into Cocoon, so perhaps it makes more sense
> to integrate Jetspeed-2 perhaps not. Actually I don't know as I don't
> know Jetspeed-2.
>
> Ok, Cocoon itself has a very nice portal engine that is nicely
> integrated
> into cocoon and can be used very easily. This portal engine is - like
> Cocoon itself - very open and extensible. Currently you have the Cocoon
> way of defining portlets (= Cocoon pipelines) and the idea was to also
> be able to run JSR 168 portlets in the Cocoon portal. So, in fact
> the idea is that the Cocoon portal interacts with the portlet container
> provided by Pluto.
>
> Afaik Jetspeed-2 is an own servlet (like Cocoon is) and I thought
> integrating it into Cocoon nicely is not that easy. How will you
> integrate
> one servlet into another?

Well if depends on how you implement your Cocoon/portal.
First thing that comes to mind is writing Cocoon portlet applications
and integrating Cocoon as any other standard PA

> And I thought Pluto is the general (common) base for *all* portal
> engines
> and I guess other projects/products are using Pluto as their base and
> not Jetspeed-2. But perhaps I'm wrong here.

No you're right.

> But as I said, we are open to all suggestion.
>
> Thanks for the idea!
> Carsten

Sounds great to me.
Again Im +1 on Carsten and getting the Cocoon team involved and using
Pluto.
How many votes does Carsten have now?

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com
+01 707 773-4646
+01 707 529 9194

Making Cocoon using Pluto [was: RE: Volunteering as a committer]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 12:17  AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi Pluto Team,
>
> I'm very happy that finally this project has started and I want
> to be part of it :) So, actually I'm proposing myself.
>
> I already entered my interest in Pluto on the original proposal page:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?PlutoProposal
>
> Why me?
>
> My interest is two-fold.
> a) I'm interested in pluto as it is the reference implementation
> and I want to help that it remains the ri and is not blured
> by the interest of other (apache) projects.
>
> b) I'm interested in integrating Pluto in the Apache Cocoon
> project to make another apache project complying to the standard.
>
> What do you think? Do you need more information/reasons?

Could you tell us more about how Pluto will be integrated into Cocoon?
Also, why not work on Jetspeed-2 and integrate it with Cocoon?

Anyway you have my +1 vote, no problem, since we discussed this already
and Im cool with what you are doing
Just thought you could explain it to everyone

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: Volunteering as a committer