Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Ruppin <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/22 22:34:33 UTC

Sorry in advance; this has undoubtedly been covered in
some past post, but I've been unable to locate
anything relevant after perusing for an hour.

I have need to submit a form value independently of
the label on the input.  For example:

<button name='databaseprimarykey' type='submit'
value='123'>User comprehensible value</button>

This appears not to be supported by Struts, per the
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/struts-html.html#button

value: Value of the label to be placed on this button.
This value will also be submitted as the value of the
specified request parameter.

And, as might be expected, the above HTML causes
Struts to assign "User comprehensible value" to
databaseprimarykey.  Is there a workaround for this?