Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Oliver Pfau <Ol...@in-gmbh.de> on 2004/07/07 11:29:25 UTC

Portlet programming basic question

Hi,

I have the following problem...

I wrote a TreePortlet which is rendering a tree with the
javax.swing.DefaultMutalbeTreeNode data structure.... on init of the portlet
I retrieve the root node, which contains all child nodes, and I store it in
the portlet....in the doView() I dispatch the TreeNode structure to a jsp in
which the structure is rendered....now I have the following problem: when
user X expands a node of the tree, user Y is concerned by the change too. So
all changes a user in the tree makes the other users are concerned... the
TreeNode data structure in the portlet seems to be globally for all users...
well I can use a hashmap with user-TreeNode pairs, but shouldn't the portlet
container handle this ??
By the way I tested it with exo beta 5 by now.... it would be very
interesting for me if this a problem of my design or a problem of the
portlet container.

Thanks,
Oliver