Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/27 21:23:12 UTC

Aries 0.1 - Latest Karaf version I can use

Hello,
Due to my client's target OSgG environment (IBM WAS 7.1) I;m stuck with
Aries 0.1.

I'm now trying to create a target environment with KARAF and Aries 0.1
bundles from IBM!

Can some one let me know whats the latest Karaf version I can use that will
work with Aries 0.1? Also I would like to have Camel installed as well.

Thanks in Advance!

Matt Madhavan

Re: Aries 0.1 - Latest Karaf version I can use

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

The problem Matt was facing was e.g. the reference to the Spring feature
with a version range [3,4) which does not work in every earlier version of
Karaf.  Just by looking at the features descriptors, I suspect anything
between Camel 2.5.0 (which was built using Karaf 2.1.0 at the time) and
Camel 2.7.x would work - it's only since 2.8.x that the version range is
being used - but you would have to give it a try, I guess.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Camel is not really dependant on Karaf, so any version should work.
 However, camel-blueprint will have some requirement on aries (so may not be
able to use that part).  The commands that have been added recently will of
course not work either.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 22:32, Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
> I could make it work with 2.0.0 but now Camel does not like Karaf 2.0.0.
>
> Any idea which version of Camel will work with Karaf 2.0.0?
>
> Man IBM!
>
> Thanks
> Matt

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
You could try with karaf 2.0.0, as 2.1.0 is using Aries 0.2.  Though I don't
really remember if 2.1 could work with aries 0.1.
You try, you could download a karaf version, launch it and update the aries
bundles with the 0.1 version to see if it still works.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 21:23, Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Due to my client's target OSgG environment (IBM WAS 7.1) I;m stuck with
> Aries 0.1.
>
> I'm now trying to create a target environment with KARAF and Aries 0.1
> bundles from IBM!
>
> Can some one let me know whats the latest Karaf version I can use that will
> work with Aries 0.1? Also I would like to have Camel installed as well.
>
> Thanks in Advance!
>
> Matt Madhavan

Guillaume Nodet