Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marco Sottilaro <ma...@datamat.it> on 2004/02/09 13:56:14 UTC

environment variables

Hi ,

I'm using TomCat + Axis. I have a web service implementation that is
composed of:
     * the main function in the SoapBindingImpl file ;
     * JNI interface ;
     * a set of C/C++ API's.

The main function calls the methods in the JNI interface and the latter
calls some API methods.

I have to set/unset some environment variables in the API methods using the
C "setenv"/"unsetenv" functions.

The values of these variables have to be different for each service-request
process.

There is a problem when I have several service-request processes running at
the same time.

These processes share the same environment: so when one of them modifies
the value of a variable, all processes are involved in this change and
"see" the new value.

Could someone please tell me whether there is a possibility to separate the
environment of every service process, in order to allow each one of them to
handle only its own variable values?

Thanks

Regards
Marco